As women, we are natural born nurturers. We make sure that everyone around us is fine and if they’re not, we find a way to help them. We cook, clean, take care of our children (if you have any), are a therapist to our friends and counselors to our family. But what about you? When we focus more on others than ourselves, we become worn out, stressed out and run down. Studies show that women who neglect their own needs and forget to nurture themselves often become unhappy, have low self-esteem and feel resentment. Sounds like it’s time for a change. Remember, we must keep our mind, body, and spirit in good health as we only have one life to live. It’s okay to be a little selfish when it comes to your well being. So, time to refuel and practice self-care ladies. Don’t know where to start? Here are some helpful tips/practices to help you create a better form of yourself.
- Sit outside and listen to the birds.
- Practice breathing exercises
- Check out a movie at the theater alone
- Make sure you are eating a well-balanced diet
- Get enough sleep (recommended 8 hours)
- Take a nap to recharge
- Start exercising regularly
- Take a warm bath/shower. Warm water is very soothing and relaxing for
tight and tense muscles and for the mind.
- Listen to music
- Yoga, yoga, yoga
- Write in a journal to release all those bottled up thoughts.
- Read a good book