Hey ladies! I have been getting a lot of requests to show how I do my curly half up half down hairstyle so here it is. The secret is the amazing wig I use! Yes, you read it right, this fab look is thanks to a $12 drawstring wig from Freetress Equal. If you’re a natural hair girl like me, this protective style is perfect if you want to guard your hair from whatever the weather may bring its way. Plus, it only takes about 10 minutes to do. Check out the step by step instructions and quick video tutorial below.
Half Up Half Down Curly Hairstyle Instructions
1. Part your hair with a comb horizontally from ear to ear.
2. Starting with the back half, moisturize your hair with your favorite hair oil or lotion. I use Cantu Shea Butter Daily Oil Moisturizer.
Sidenote: I also spray water in my hair because it’s super dry in some areas.
3. Next, comb and brush through your hair starting from the ends to the root. Once complete, put that half in a ponytail.
4. Braid or twist the hair that’s in a ponytail then roll it up in a bun.
5. Repeat steps 2-5 for the front half of your hair, but be sure to apply gel (I use Eco Styling Gel) along with the hair oil or lotion. This will help make sure your edges are straight.
6. Once both sections are in neat buns, apply your wig to the back half of your hair. When applying, try to get your wig as close to your part as possible.
7. Make sure the wig is fully attached to your hair with the combs that are made along the edges of the wig. I also use bobby pins to make sure my wig is double secure.
8. Grab a small section of your wig that closest to your top knot bun and wrap it around the bun and secure with a rubber band. This will give your bun the curly hair effect as well.
9. Apply Got2b glued to your edges to help brush out your baby hairs and you are done. Bam!