Are you a fan of spicy food? Love pasta? Well, this sausage and shrimp cajun pasta is perfect for you. It’s a great meal whether you’re eating solo or with family.
- 1 lb. large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 oz andouille sausage (thinly sliced)
- 10 ounces fettuccine pasta
- ½ yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- ½ green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth sodium-free
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan
- Prep your bell peppers, onions, garlic, sausages and shrimp (i.e. cut, slice, peel).
- Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, and Oregano. Make sure to coat well. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle bottom of the pan with olive oil.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Flip shrimp over and cook another 2 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside. Add a little more olive oil to the pan, add sausage and brown until nicely caramelized, about 4 – 5 minutes. Remove to plate, set aside.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook about 10-12 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium and add a little more olive oil to the pan, add the onion, red bell pepper, Cajun seasoning, brown sugar, and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté until onion and pepper have softened, scraping up any browned bits that you can. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, simmer a couple of minutes.
- Once simmering, add Parmesan and stir into sauce. When Parmesan is blended in, add cooked pasta, shrimp, and sausage. Stir to combine and heat through, 2 – 3 minutes.
” width=”512″ height=”512″>
Add a refreshing margarita to complete your cajun pasta meal.